Gameplay[edit | edit source]
In island flyover, the player flys around Wuhu Island and Wedge Island in a sea plane at will by tilting the remote in the direction they wish to fly. E.g: Tilting the remote to the left to make the plane go to the left. The remote can also be thrust forward to give the plane a speed boost. The engine is constantly going but can be shut off by holding down the B button. The player is required to collect i Points and pop white balloons. The event can be played during the daytime, evening or night.
Infomation Points[edit | edit source]
There is a total of 80 Infomation Points (i points for short) to collect. These are loacted at different points on the island. Many of these are island landmarks (Eg: Red Iron Bridge, Seaside Hotel ect) but some of them are smaller locations and are harder to find. Several i points are vehicles (The Queen Peach ect). As the player gets closer to the point, a message appears at the bottom of the screen telling the player what the loacation is and some infomation about it.
Balloons[edit | edit source]
As well as collecting i points, the player can also pop white balloons around the island in all times of the day to earn a stamp. The player needs to collect several i points before this is possible. After that every person on Wuhu Island and Wedge Island holds a balloon which the player can pop by shooting lasers from the plane by pressing A or by flying into the balloon. After a balloon has been popped it will change colour. Balloons are also attached to cars and planes ect. Giant balloons which have many smaller balloons enclosed are located around the islands however, these balloons are always coloured.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Once all 80 i points are collected, the player obtains their own cottage on the Spacious Desert Island. While in Pilotwing Resort, gets a castle instead.
- The player is then tasked with collecting all i points at all times of day to unlock a stamp called "Wuhupedia", the stamp which this wiki is named after!
- A stamp is unlocked when all of the white balloons have been popped.
- The character Miguel appears in Island Flyover in his guide plane which the player can follow to be led to several i points.
- The 3DS game Pilotwings Resort seems to be a sequel to the Island Flyover event in Wii Sports Resort. Proving a few more information points, challenges, and even different aircraft such as the Jet pack.